Santa Cruz Earthlings
EARTHLINGS is an award-winning documentary about humanity's absolute
economic dependence on animals raised for pets, food, clothing,
entertainment, and scientific research.
It contains never-before-seen footage that's graphic,
but important because it reveals truths that few are aware of.
By showing this documentary we are hoping to create a conversation
about the correlation between nature, animals, and humans that
inspires compassion and connection through awareness.
For information about the film, visit the official site at
where you can read reviews, watch film clips, hear director commentaries,
and buy your own copy of the DVD.
- Friday, May 22 8:00 pm at UCSC, Classroom Unit 2.
This showing is not of Earthlings but of an excellent lecture/film
on the Flu Pandemic by Michael Greger, MD.
There will be a Q&A/Discussion following the film. Also included is a film promoting the benefits of veganism entitled, "A Life Connected". This showing is in cooperation with the UCSC group, Banana Slugs for Animals.
How to get there and where to park:
Taking the bus from downtown might be the simplest way.
Please join us!
Past showings of Earthlings can be seen here.
Global Warming and Animal Agriculture
- This excellent article by Mark Bittner published January 2007 in the New York Times discusses the effects of animal agriculture on the environment.
It is quite well-researched and balanced.
- A U.N. Report published in November 2006
"The Long Shadow of Livestock" is extensive and authoritative.
See a summary or the
Who Are We?
Santa Cruz Earthlings is a small group of people
who wish to share this extraordinary film with the Santa Cruz community.
Read our personal reasons
feel that this film is so important and needs to be seen.
You can contact us in any of these ways:
- Send email to .
- Fill in a simple web form.
- Call Jon at 415-246-6499.
We have myspace
How You Can Help
- Can you help distribute our flyer? You can download it here.
- If you have a group of people who would like to see Earthlings, contact us and we'll help make it happen.
- You can
purchase the film and thereby support its translation into other languages.